1927
On February 9, 1927, Albert Lustenberger-Lustenberger and his wife Anna acquired the property, marking the beginning of a family and company history. He named the restaurant "Thorenberg" (formerly Restaurant zur Säge)
1938
Construction of a fully automated bowling alley. The "Thorenberg" previously had a Huber-Jost lane right in the restaurant.
1960
Max and Marlis Lustenberger-Bucher took over the Thorenberg restaurant. With a lot of dedication and skill, a small business emerged.
1987
Establishment of the family corporation "Gasthaus Thorenberg AG". This establishment was also the starting signal for extensions and renovations.
1988
March 31, 1988, opening of the Gasthaus Thorenberg. Addition of a new kitchen, hall for about 70 people, restaurant for 75 people, and 3 new bowling alleys. Conversion of the old restaurant into a dining room "Burgstube". In the hotel area, 8 guest rooms were realized.
1993
Since this year, the majority of shares have been in the hands of Max and Monika Lustenberger-Kathriner, who have been managing and responsible for the business since 1988.
2005
The century storm on August 21/22 filled the entire basement with mud and water. Property damage in the millions, 1 month of business interruption, and new construction – renovation in the basement.
2006
On October 25, the old renovated Thorenberg restaurant burned down. The Thorenberg, built in 1987, suffered great water and property damage. A new and reconstruction was initiated.
2007
March 3, reopening of the restaurant "Maximo" with a new business concept, on October 17 of the Hotel Thorenberg with banquet and seminar rooms. The 3 bowling alleys were converted into hotel rooms. The hotel offer was expanded to 19 hotel rooms.
2017
Majority of shares by Max Lustenberger junior.
Working at Hotel Thorenberg